A New Approach For Copyright Authentication For Image Communication
AbstractImage content authentication is to verify the integrity of the images, i.e. to check if the image has undergone any tampering since it was created. Digital watermarking has become a promising technique for image content authentication because of its outstanding performance and capability of tampering detection. However, many challenges for watermarking techniques for image authentication still remain unsolved or need to be improved, such as tamper localization accuracy, image quality, security, synthetic image protection, and so on. First, propose a watermarking technique for natural image authentication. By introducing the random permutation strategy in the wavelet domain, the proposed watermarking technique significantly improves the resolution of tampering detection with lower watermark payload. Second, study the unique characteristics of synthetic images and develop a novel watermarking scheme for synthetic image authentication. The proposed watermarking algorithm is fully compatible with the characteristics of synthetic images. With less pixels modified, the authentication system can still achieve pixel-wise tamper localization resolution. Compared with cryptography, it is much better suited for visual data protection. Digital watermarking could be completely compatible with multimedia systems because it is not only transparent to both the viewer and the system but also able to survive the common media processing as well. Image content authentication is one of the application fields of digital watermarking. For image content authentication, it has many advantages over digital signatures.
2) A.M.Kothari, A.C.Suthar, R.S.Gajre. “ Performance Analysis of Digital Image Watermarking Technique –Combined DWT–DCT over individualDWT” , Published in International Journal of Advanced Engineering & Applications, Jan. 2010.
3) K. J. Raval & S.Zafar, “Image Communication For Digital Watermarking ‟‟,Published in International Journal of Engineering & Research,IJESR,2012
4) Suthar A.C., Patel C.B. and Kulkarni G.R., “Implementation Of Image Security Issues Using Mixed Frequency Domain Scheme” in International Transactions on Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering,2011.
5) K. J. Raval & S. Zafar, “Implementation of Digital Watermarking by Combined Transform Domain Algorithm for Error Correcting Codes ‟‟ , Published in International Journal for Research,Paripex, 2012.
6) S. AI Zahir & W.Islam ,”A New Wavelet Based Image Watermarking Technique” International Conference on Consumer Electronics, IEEE, 2011
7) Feng Liu & Yongtao Qian , “A Novel Robust Watermarking Based On Levels DCT and Two Levels SVD”, International Conference On Measuring Technology & Mechatronics Automation, IEEE, 2011
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.